Quarter is Also VH1’s Fourth Consecutive Quarter of Year-Over-Year Primetime Growth
In Network’s Target Adult Demo
VH1 Ranked as #1 Non-Sports Cable Network Among Women 18-49
On Monday Nights for Fourth Consecutive Quarter
To Tweet This Release: on.vh1.com/LF9WFG
NEW YORK, June 21, 2012 – VH1’s primetime ratings for the second quarter of 2012 grew +33%, propelled by a number of original hit series such as “Mob Wives,” “La La’s Full Court Life,” “Basketball Wives” and “Love & Hip Hop Atlanta.”
The network averaged a .4 in the adult 18-49 demo in primetime. Total viewer primetime impressions (P 2+) throughout the quarter also spiked on VH1, averaging 388,000, up +21% over second quarter 2011. This second quarter is also VH1’s fourth consecutive quarter of year-over-year primetime growth in networks’ target adult demo.
VH1 also continued to attract women on Monday evenings. The network averaged 281,000 in primetime for W18-49, up +31% over the second quarter of 2011. This is the fourth consecutive quarter that the network ranks as the #1 non-sports cable network among women 18-49 on Mondays in primetime.
In addition, VH1’s original series such as “Basketball Wives” and “Mob Wives” and specials such as “Storytellers: Jill Scott,” “Behind The Music: Nas” and “VH1 Rock Docs: Yo: The Story of ‘Yo! MTV Raps’” generated substantial social buzz, resulting in multiple trending topics on Twitter and significant upticks in Facebook page likes. For example, the series premiere of “Love & Hip Hop Atlanta” on June 19th was the most social show on all of cable and broadcast that night, according to SocialGuide and Trendrr.
Ratings momentum is expected to continue in the third quarter with “Love & Hip Hop Atlanta,” and premieres of new series “Hollywood Exes” and “Big Ang.”
Specific VH1 ratings highlights for the quarter include:
- The series premiere of “Love & Hip Hop Atlanta” on June 19 opened to a 1.3 in the adult 18-49 demo and averaged 1.9 million total viewers. When combined with the 10 PM* encore presentation, the series premiere attracted 3.6 million total viewers that evening.
- The “Mob Wives” second season finale finished at a .9 P18-49 Live+SD rating in the 18-49 demo (up +13% from the first season finale) and 1.5 million total viewers. Year-to-date, “Mob Wives” drove VH1 to win the W18-49 Sunday 8pm time for Q1 and Q2 2012.
- “Storytellers: Jill Scott” premiered to a .5 rating, the most watched “Storytellers” of all time among women 18-49 impressions. This edition was the highest-rated among P18-49 since “Storytellers: Bon Jovi” in 2000.
- “La La’s Full Court” second season finale average a 1.1 P18-49 rating (up +38% from last season) and 1.3 million total viewers (up +23% from last season. The overall season two premiere episodes averaged 1.0 P 18-49 Live+SD rating (up +25% from last season) and 1.5 million total viewers (up +15% from season 1).
- The “Basketball Wives” season 4 premieres of new episodes averaged a 1.3 and 1.9 million total viewers.
VH1 connects viewers to the music, artists and pop culture that matter to them most with TV series, specials, live events, exclusive online content and public affairs initiatives. VH1 is available in 99 million households in the U.S. VH1 also has an array of digital channels and services including VH1Classic, VH1 Soul, VH1.com and VH1 Mobile. Connect with VH1 at VH1.com.
# # #
*All times ET/PT
Source: Nielsen Media Research March 26, 2012 – June 21, 2012
All data based on Live + Same Day ratings
Brett Henne/VH1 Scott Acord/VH1 Toni Herron/VH1
212/846-6752 310/752-8075 212/846-7528
For up-to-the-minute and archival press information including releases and photographs, visit VH1′s press-only Web site at www.vh1press.com