- VH1 is an advertiser-supported, basic cable service of MTV Networks.
- Programming hours are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- VH1 is distributed from MTV NETWORKS' owned and operated Network Operations Center in Hauppaug, NY, via transponder 23 of GE American Communications' Satcom C4 satellite.
- VH1 reaches more than 96 million subscribers in the U.S.
- VH1.com currently ranks in the top 5 of the Media Metrix rankings of all music web sites on the Internet.
- VH1 is a registered trademark of MTV Networks, a unit of Viacom International Inc. MTV Networks also operates and offers joint ventures, licensing agreements and syndication deals whereby its programming can be seen worldwide.
- VH1 was launched on January 1, 1985.
- Launched in 1998, VH1 Soul, now in over 16 million homes is the 24-hour music video network that is the premiere source for all R&B and soul music from the 90s and today featuring core artists such as Mary J. Blige, Usher, Brandy and D'Angelo. VH1 Soul also throws exclusive listening parties for new releases by such artists as Jill Scott and airs special salutes to the genre's biggest stars.
- Launched in May 2000, VH1 Classic, now in 40 million homes, is a 24-hour network that presents music videos, concerts and music specials all day long, featuring the best rock, soul and pop artists from the 60's, 70's and 80's, including The Beatles, The Stones, Tina Turner, Led Zeppelin, Marvin Gaye, The Who, Stevie Wonder, The Police and many more. Learn more at www.vh1classic.com.
Senior Vice President, VH1 Communications